INTERNATIONAL MARKET SQUARE
Keeping a landmark relevant in the 21st Century
Eagle Ridge Partners
1904 - 1915
2017-2018, 2021 - 2022
Historical research, City of Minneapolis Heritage Preservation Commission (HPC) approvals
Historical research supports the continued vitality of a twentieth century office building.
Located on the edge of downtown Minneapolis, the former Northwestern Knitting Company complex was converted into offices in the 1980s. Known today as International Market Square, the building serves as a trade center for interior design and professional businesses and is both listed on the National Register of Historic Places and locally designated as a historic landmark. By 2017, the building envelope and site were in need of maintenance and improvement. Additional signage was also required to provide tenants with exterior signage opportunities.
Through historical research, New History uncovered precedent to support the proposed improvements and advised on design decisions to meet City requirements for local historic landmarks. New History helped to secure the necessary City Heritage Preservation Commission (HPC) approvals for the project, supporting the continued vitality of this historic complex.